200g plain flour
50g caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons Vanilla Mart paste
Fresh berries and maple syrup to serve
- Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave then add vanilla paste, eggs and milk to your butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently fold through until nice and thick.
- Heat a small frying pan on a medium-low heat and add a little butter to the pan.
- Pour over three heaped tablespoons of the batter.
- Heat until golden brown and then flip.
- Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh raspberries.
Secret Trick for fluffy pancakes:
- Avoid over-mixing the batter. When you add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until just combined, not more. This will guarantee fluffier pancakes.