175g unsalted butter, soft
175g plain flour
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1/2 of the seeds from Madagascan vanilla bean
70g icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons vanilla sugar, for topping
- Beat the butter, vanilla seeds, sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt slowly until the dough comes together.
- Place dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Cover with another sheet of parchment and roll out to 1/4-inch thick.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds and transfer onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the vanilla sugar on each biscuit and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are a golden brown.