150g caster sugar
150g unsalted butter, softened
150g self-raising flour
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp Vanilla Mart paste
125 ml double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
6 tbsp raspberry jam
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan and grease the mini tins with butter.
- Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the milk, vanilla paste, flour and a pinch of salt, then beat again until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the mini tins and level with a teaspoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden-brown.
- Leave the mini cakes to cool and meanwhile whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Cut each cake in half horizontally.
- Spread the jam on the bottom half of each cake, then the cream. Finish each cake off by lightly sifting icing sugar over the tops.
- Serve with tea.