Indonesian Tahitensis Vanilla Pods (Vanilla Beans)
- Our Indonesian Tahitensis Vanilla Pods (Vanilla Beans) have a flowery, fruity aroma with a smooth flavour. They are often described as smelling like licorice, cherries, or wine.
- Ideal for pastries, amongst many other applications.Short length.
- Higher oil and water content than Bourbon beans.
- Approximately 300 Pods/kg depending on individual pod weight and crop
- Moisture Content: 35% (+/- 2%)
- Average Individual Pod Weight: 3.3 grams
- Average Length: 12-14 cm
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Note: Vanilla Pods are natural products and aspects like count per kg, length, size, colour etc. are
estimates only and will vary from crop-to-crop. Therefore, when purchasing vanilla pods by weight, you may not
receive the exact number you require. If you need an exact quantity of vanilla pods, we suggest that you buy a
specific quantity amount For e.g. 10, 20, or 50 Pods
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
- Our Vanilla Pods are packed in food-grade foil bags. On receipt, open packs and remove pods to store in a cool, dry place away from heat and light ideally in an airtight container, preferably glass. If storing for longer, wrap in cling film (ensuring all air has been squeezed out) and check pods regularly. Vanilla Pods should NOT be refrigerated
- For more information on storing vanilla pods, see our Guide here