VANILLA PODS FROM TAHITI
AVAILABLE IN PACKS OF 2 PODS TO 1+ KG
- Our Vanilla Pods from Tahiti are between 14-16 cm long, extremely plump, moist and bursting with the characteristic floral flavour and aroma of Tahitian Vanilla. Each individual vanilla pod weighs between 6 to 8 grams.
- Grown in the Raiatea Island in French Polynesia, these vanilla pods are cultivated using plant compost made from coconut palms and coconuts producing long and fleshy beans with delicious caramel and anise flavors in a remarkable, smooth blend combining the tastes of plums and exotic fruits.
- Length: 14-16 cm (approx)- Pods per kg: Approximately 190 Pods/kg depending on individual pod weight and crop.
- *****Note: Vanilla Pods are natural products and aspects like count per kg, length, size, colour etc. are estimates only and will vary from crop-to-crop. Therefore, when purchasing vanilla pods by weight, you may not receive the exact number you require. If you need an exact quantity of vanilla pods, we suggest that you buy a specific quantity amount For e.g. 10, 20, 50 or 100 Pods*****
- Perfect for preparing delectable homemade ice-creams and sorbets, and for creating unforgettable crème brûlée and caramel custards. Wonderful added to sugar, light rum or vodka.
- Cosmetic applications such as body creams, lotions, soaps etc. (as it adds a subtle aroma) and savoury dishes (particularly fish & seafood)
Packaging and Storage
- Our Vanilla Pods are packed in food-grade foil bags. On receipt, open packs and remove pods to store in a cool, dry place away from heat and light ideally in an airtight container, preferably glass. If storing for longer, wrap in cling film (ensuring all air has been squeezed out) and check pods regularly. Vanilla Pods should NOT be refrigerated
- For more information on storing vanilla pods, see our Guide here